What is the best solution for Cyber Security? The best Hardware? The best Software? What is the best company in Cyber Security? Is there any Plug & Play Solution? Can we have a Zero-Day Attack Solution?
Companies, Banks, Governments, NGOs, etc. keep on asking the same questions:
The simple answer to the above questions is NO!
We must change our Mindset from treating Cyber Security as a purely technical problem! It is NOT!
The best way to deal with Cyber Security is:
- Cyber Security is not just a technical problem: Cybersecurity is also an economic, psychological, and human behavioral challenge, all rolled into one
- Cyber Security is a RISK: Approach Cybersecurity the way we approach other risks
- A different set of rules governs cyberspace: The concepts of distance, borders, and proximity all operate differently in cyberspace compared to the physical world
- Cybersecurity is “New,” and we are still learning: No One can claim that he knows everything related to Cyber Security… Read a lot and Keep updating yourself and adapt to change
- Select a risk management framework that fits your organization: NIST Framework could be a start!
- Take the time to implement your chosen framework fully: Don’t expect instant results!
- Review implementation regularly: like you are reviewing the implementation of a Firefighting Plan!
Three things to keep in mind:
- Training & Awareness is a MUST especially to fight Social Engineering
- There is NO Solution for Cyber Security… It is a Continuous Process!
- Cyber Security Must be Proactive, NOT Reactive